Descriptions for Adobe Dimension CC 1.1.0 macOS
Name: Adobe Dimension
Version: CC 1.1
Developer: Adobe Systems Incorporated
Mac Platform: Intel
OS Version: OS X 10.10 or later
Processor type(s) & speed: 64-bit processor
Includes: Adobe Zii Patch 3.0.4
Web Site: http://www.adobe.com/
Simple to use and full-featured multi-platform graphic design solution which can help you create photorealistic 3D imagery using your Mac
Adobe Dimension is a powerful and user-friendly utility created to help you speed up the process of designing 3D photorealistic package and product art from scratch, such as mockups, advertising shots, logos, and branding, even if you have little to no previous with similar solutions.
With the help of the Adobe Dimension design software solution, you can create lifelike looking 3D objects using materials described in Adobe Standard Material based on NVidia's MDL (Material Design Language).
Design 3D models with realistic lighting
All models you create in Adobe Dimension use 3D lighting which closely follows realistic lighting for a more life-like look. For people who need more information regarding the lighting, you can get a quick overview on the Lighting in Dimension CC help page.
Once installed and launched on your Mac, Adobe Dimension makes it possible to create a new 3D design by adding new objects to the model by drag and dropping them on the workspace from the Assets panel on the left side of the main window.
This panel also enables you to add background images to your design, as well as textures, backdrops, and materials, with all o them easily being matched to the entire scene with a click of a button.
Simple to access suite of tools for drag and drop 3D design
On the left side of the main screen, you can also access the app's toolbox which allows you to toggle various tools to manage the currently selected object in the scene.
Furthermore, the right-side inspector panel provides with contextual-based scene, actions, and properties controls to quickly tweak your design with just a couple of mouse clicks.
If you want to increase your productivity while using Adobe Dimension to create 3D photorealistic objects using your Mac, you can make use of the extensive list of keyboard shortcuts available on the Default keyboard shortcuts help page.
Powerful yet easy to use 3D mockup design for the Mac
Overall, if you don't have enough experience to use more complex 3D design applications, Adobe Dimension is most probably the best way to go if you need to create 3D mockups and presentations of branding, packages, or products using your Mac.
What’s new in Adobe Dimension CC 1.1
April 3rd, 2018
Enhanced Photoshop integration:
- Compositing workflows for product shots and mockups is faster and simpler than ever. Automatically send any image from Dimension to Photoshop and see your saved edits reflected in your scene.
Alignment and snap guides:
- Now it’s easier to precisely place objects in a scene. Snap 3D models to the ground with the Move tool and choose the exact rotation of objects positioned at an angle.
- Work smarter with Move, Rotate, and Scale tools that are better, brighter, and faster. Select multiple objects by drawing a marquee rectangle.
- Access color palettes saved to Creative Cloud Libraries from right inside Dimension. This makes it a cinch to maintain brand color consistency across your designs.
Improved custom 3D model import:
- Import a wider range of .obj files into Dimension. Automatically generate UV maps and normals or resolve errors in the existing UVs to use assets easily.
And so much more:
- Also includes: Performance and stability improvements, reworked depth of field and focus controls, better Match Image perspective matching, and more.